ABOUT Self Advocacy Council 6 (SAC6 is the VMRC Consumer Advisory Council):
The SAC6 was created in May, 1992 by consumers at an area self-advocacy meeting and serves Area 6 — Amador, Calaveras, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne counties. Two representatives from each self advocacy chapter in Area 6 can serve on the SAC6 board. Area 6 has representatives on the Valley Mountain Regional Center Board, the State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) North Valley Hills Office, the Statewide Self-Advocacy Network (SSAN), and the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Consumer Advisory Committee (CAC). The representative of the Department of Developmental Services Consumer Advisory Committee is also a member of the SAC6. The elected leadership for SAC6 includes:
- Jessica Quesada, Chairperson
- Lisa Utsey, Vice Chairperson and Treasurer
- Brianna Delgadillo, Secretary
- Joe Chase, Sgt at Arms
- Lisa Esteves, VMRC Representative to the Board and Consumer Services
Only members of self-advocacy groups are members of SAC6 board. SAC6 also publishes a newsletter called The Chatter: November 2018.
Next Advisory Meeting with the VMRC Director: Monday, March 25, 2019
SAC6 Quarterly Meeting: March 16, 2019
Due to unforeseen circumstances– SAC6 had to CANCEL its annual February Area Meeting!!! So SAC6 will be attending the RAP (Recreation for All People ) & PCS Presents: Valentine’s Dance! SAC6 will be announcing the CHOICES Contest winners! If you submitted artwork or a video– join us to see who won! There will be SAC6 T-shirts for sale for $5.00 & PCS will also have a photo booth– pictures $2.00
The mission of the SAC6 is:
- Learn about issues that impact the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
- Tell the self-advocacy groups about important issues.
- Find out what the self-advocacy groups think about important issues.
- Find out what self-advocates want in their lives.
- Talk to people who make decisions for people with developmental disabilities, including VMRC and Area Board, and tell them what advocates want.
- Help the self-advocacy movement grow!